Home » Competitions
Category Archives: Competitions
2019-2020 NASA Aeronautics University Design Challenge: Urban Air Mobility
Students from U.S. universities are invited to design a safe, reliable autonomous system that can deliver small packages to extremely short-takeoff-and-landing platforms within an urban environment. The system must be designed for autonomous operation with the ability to conduct at least two round trip missions over a 10 mile radius without human intervention. Other requirements include:
- Must be low-noise vehicles (decibel level maximum will be posted soon)
- Must have ability to take off and land safely in less than 100 ft. of landing platform length
- Must carry package size 5 lbs or less, dimensions no larger than 6 x 6 x 6 inches
- Team must develop a profitable business case for such a delivery service
- Multidisciplinary partnerships are encouraged through inter-department collaborations and inter-university partnerships permitted among US institutions
Notice of intent to participate must be emailed by February 15, 2020, to Elizabeth Ward, and must include:
Subject line: Aeronautics University Competition
Body of message contents:
- student leader’s name(s)
- faculty advisor’s name
- name of college/university
- name of department(s) participating
- location of college (city and state)
- level of study for all participating student(s) (freshmen undergraduate through graduate school)
- email and phone number for student lead
- email and phone number for faculty adviser.
Design concept and paper are due June 15, 2020. Learn more about eligibility and submission requirements via the links at the top of this page: https://aero.larc.nasa.gov/university-contest/
|Exciting 6th edition focusing on digital tech and tools
The 2019 competition asks teams to respond to one of the following challenges: Electrification; Data Services; Cyber Security; Internet of Things; Artificial Intelligence and Mixed Reality.
After going through each round of the competition, with progression to each round, teams will get the opportunity to develop their concepts with support from Airbus specialists and mentors. Up to 6 teams will compete for prizes worth €45,000.
We would appreciate your support in sharing news about the new edition of Fly Your Ideas with your students and you will find some promotional materials available to download at the following link to help with this: https://file.ac/EFSFI38sGtU/
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.